Lately I've been very busy. Always something to fix around here, and stuff that needs to be build.
I am hoping to get my dad here to visit this summer. I haven't seen him in over 13 years! And I'd love for him to meet my wife, step-daughter, and see my house. I miss him very much and would love for him to think about relocating up here and maybe even staying in the blue room. I think about dad all the time on the awesome summer days we are having here, cause the back room, and the patio, and backyard are just a tremendous joy. And I think about him reading the paper back there, doing his crosswords. Cooking out on the fire pit with us, the way only he can grill steaks.
The past 10 years have been so hard, as if I just drifted the entire time with no foundation to stand on. Knowing my family is scattered all over the states. And here I have a foundation, and would love to reconcile with everyone. I know my mom is bad for me. While having money to throw around and buy peoples love. She cannot buy my love and slap me in the face with the other hand anymore with her hypocrisy, and control issues. A true friend and family member will tell you, you are wrong. My mother is wrong, and just wants to surround herself with yes men. Telling me I'm wrong just because she wants to conveniently misconstrue things, or because it is not the way she would do it, or more precisely not what she wants me to do is just wrong. There is nothing about my lifestle that is wrong per-say evil, politically incorrect, hurting anyone. Just that I do what I feel is right. And it's the path that led me here and got the things I am entitled to, that I would not of gotten had I just shut my mouth, and stopped being curious if I'm just being stepped on. It's because of the way I grew up, I learned that I was always wrong because when you teach a child to not question authority. You are teaching them to be vulnerable to people who would take advantage of you. And that is what my mother has done to me time and time again. Taking me in as if to give me another chance when circumstances were not my fault to begin with. Then to cast me out without good justification. I was cast out because I requested a copy of the trust fund documents. Wondering why the promises made were not being fulfilled as of 8 years of this day when they should have been.
So back to Fortville. We had some stressful times with my stepdaughter Maggie. We had her on a point system so she could earn things she enjoyed, but it wasn't working this school year. Apparently she had to lose all of her priveledges to be able to appreciate them. And things just got tougher and tougher. She was no longer able to play outside with her friends, watch tv, play video games. Her grades got so bad, that all she was allowed to do was study, do homework, and chores. The attitude got bad, and she was doing sneaky things. Stealing candy, and foods she wasn't allowed to eat, because some things were a priveledge, and girls on restriction in my house have to eat healthy food. And we only did this because she was very resistant to the rules of being on restriction. Anyways after multiple bad report cards, attitude, being sneaky, doing poorly on chores and the whole lot. We got her on the point system again, diagnosed for ADD as we suspected, and things are looking up. It's weird we tried giving her incentive before, but it just seems like one of those things. You have to lose things to be able to appreciate them. Chores are being done perfectly! Attitude is at a minimum, and everyone is happy.
Also I want to say in regards to politics. The fanaticism I'm seeing scares me. Things are not always the way it seems. It's easy for a republican to label things, when they are not really that way. Flip flopper, communist, faggot, are easy juvenile labels to call a democrat, or liberal. Why don't we just say what things really are, instead of the paranoid labels. Obama is just a man! He's not a manifistation of the anti-Christ. If you don't like the idea of a democrat in office, then just say that. If you don't like a black man in office just say it! But all this other bullshit is a load of crap. He hasn't been in office very long and his way to get us out of this devastating recession might work. Bush wasn't able to stop us from getting into it worse, or keep it from happening. And there is hope that we just might get out of this in the near future, hopefully early next year or sooner. At least Obama hasn't got us into a quagmire, or barfed on a important foreign official!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment